News You Can Use (Updated on 7/11/2020)
The Stedwick Homes Corporation Board of Directors met virtually on 7/1/2020.
- The work to prune trees in the Ridges and Clusters III has started and will continue through July.
-The Board approved 2 contracts to clean and repair storm drains throughout Stedwick.
- Trash: Continues to be an issue in that we have to use Assessment Funds to clean up trash dumped on community greenspace. Bulk trash pickup, free of charge, up to four pickups a year, is available by calling Potomac Disposal at 301-294-9700. You can also schedule a pick up online at potomacdisposal.com.
- Parking: We understand this is a unique time. Vehicles that are identified as "stored", open bed pickup trucks, commercial vehicles, vehicles parked on sidewalks, double-parked vehicles and vehicles parked on greenspace will continue to be researched and possibly stickered. Vehicles not moved within 14 to 15 days can be considered "stored" and subject to being stickered. Also, vehicles must be maintained in accordance with County and State of Maryland regulations, including up-to-date registration. Homeowners with special circumstances may contact the Community Manager at KKODJANIAN@MVF.ORG.
- Next Board Meeting: The next regular meeting of the Stedwick Homes Corporation Board of Directors is scheduled to be held on August 19, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
While not specific to Stedwick, residents might find the following useful:
- The pools (Hurley Park, Peggy Mark, Lake Marion, Stedwick and Whetstone) are now open. Residents who have an Activity Card with a 2019 Validation Sticker (light orange, Valid through May 15, 2020) will be able to access the pool with no changes needed. Please see www.mvf.org for the individual pool schedules.
- Other parks and playground facilities in Montgomery Village are now open; as well as the Montgomery Village Foundation Office.
- View up-to-date information on recycling plastics in Montgomery County. Link to Montgomery County Dept of Environmental Protection - Plastic Recyclables
- Shady Grove Transfer Facility: Is open and accepting yard waste and bulk waste from county residents. The hours of the facility are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday (both entrances) and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday (Route 355 entrance only).
- The Montgomery County libraries have resumed some services with adjusted hours. Donations (in case you have some books you are willing to part with) will be accepted at the Rockville Friends of the Library Montgomery County location, 4886 Boiling Brook Parkway (Randolph Hills Shopping Center). Please call (301) 984-3300 for hours and what can be donated.